The goal of this workgroup is to increase the availability of and access to respite for all caregivers. This will be accomplished, in part, by advancing collaboration and communication between and aging and disability systems and by working to make public policy recommendations. The following are objectives the committee is working on.
- Promote the use of caregiver registries by families and care providers.
- Make respite and in-home care a rewarding career option, especially in underserved areas of the state.
- Develop and fund new kinds of respite programs such as Respite Care Association of Wisconsin.
- Improve background check rules for respite providers.
- Develop peer to peer networks for emotional support and to help in crisis situations.